NerdWallet: Turn back time and get some tax deductions you may have missed out on

This article is reprinted by permission from NerdWallet.

If doing this year’s taxes made you wish you could go back in time and claim tax breaks you’ve realized you overlooked or forgot on an old tax return, then congratulations, McFly — time travel is possible at the IRS. Here’s how you can rewind the clock on old tax returns and recoup money you may have left behind.

1. Dial it back to 2015

In general, you can go back and change the last three years of your federal tax returns, says Stephen Varner, a senior tax manager at Kruggel Lawton CPAs, which has offices in Indiana, Michigan and Tennessee.

>>> Original Source <<<